Thursday, October 2, 2008

Um, Excuse Me?

Not that we needed it, but this new quote regarding Palin's latest fuck-up from McCain really shows how insane he is:
"[Palin's] had more experience in leadership than Senator Obama and Senator Biden put together."

WHAT??

Biden, who was also asked the question of what supreme court cases he disagrees with (spoiler: Palin couldn't name one), took it as a chance to talk about the work he's done to end violence against women:
"You know, I’m the guy who wrote the Violence Against Women act. And I said that every woman in America if they are beaten and abused by a man should be able to take that person to court. Meaning you should be able to go to federal court and sue in federal court the man who abused you if you can prove that abuse, but they said no that a woman, there’s no federal jurisdiction and I held, they acknowledged, I held about 1,000 hours of hearings proving that there’s an effect in interstate commerce.
Women who are abused and beaten and beaten are women who are not able to be in the work force. And the Supreme Court said there is an impact on commerce but this is federalizing a private crime and we’re not going to allow it. I think the Supreme Court was wrong about that decision."

I've never been a huge Biden fan, and I think it's a little dicey to be all "if you can prove the abuse" because a lot of times it's a he-said-she-said sort of thing and women need to be trusted, but otherwise I think he had a great answer.

No comments: